CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS on the theme “The Religious and Social Communication Dimensions of the Coronavi
RELIGION AND SOCIAL COMMUNICATION invites research papers and essays that address the religious and social communication dimensions pertaining to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Topics may include but are not limited to:
- the impact of the pandemic on religious life;
- religious communication in response to the pandemic;
- the methods employed by religions to communicate information and images about the pandemic to adherents;
- the communication between religious leaders and the faithful during lockdown periods;
- the role of religion in shaping the narrative about the pandemic.
RELIGION AND SOCIAL COMMUNICATION is the semi-annual scholarly journal of the Asian Research Center for Religion and Social Communication (ARC) based at St. John’s University, Bangkok, Thailand. The ARC aims to:
- Facilitate, support and publish research on subjects related to Religion and Social Communication in Asia;
- Promote related publications in the field;
- Develop a network of interested researchers and institution;
- Foster inter-
religious dialogue and cooperation in the field.
RELIGION AND SOCIAL COMMUNICATION also welcomes other contributions (papers, book reviews, abstracts) from professional researchers as well as M.A. and Ph.D. students who are interested to publish their academic work within the themes of Religion and Social Communication. All papers go through peer review and editorial process. The ARC reserves the right to accept or decline submitted contributions in order to meet the standards of the publication. We gratefully acknowledge all contributions.
Manuscripts may be in the range of 3,000-4000 words for essays and 6,000-8,000 words for research papers. All submissions should use the Chicago Style format for referencing. Please include an abstract of 300-400 words and information about the author (name, email, affiliation) as part of the manuscript. Deadline for submitting manuscripts for Vol. 18, No. 2 (2020) is 30 September 2020. For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.